Space in an RV is limited and must be maximized. Over the years I have learned to optimize and properly arrange everything in our RV. In this article I will talk about the best RV storage ideas, both for outdoors and indoors. Of course, I will mention products to optimize space in the kitchen and bathroom of the RV.
At first, when we bought our first RV I wanted to carry as much stuff as I had in my house but it became difficult and at the same time very messy. In addition to optimizing space with special products, it is very important not to carry unnecessary things. Continue reading to find out the best RV storage ideas.
RV Storage Ideas for Kitchen
I like to have several knives for cooking in my kitchen, but in an RV, it can be a bit of a hassle. Also, since I like fishing, I always carry other knives such as a fillet knife. Fortunately, I found over the years good products to optimize the space in the kitchen of our RV. These are the best RV storage ideas for kitchen.
Magnetic Knife Holder
With a magnetic knife holder, you can save space in your kitchen drawers. These knife holders are very easy to install in any RV and help to save a lot of space. In all the trips we have made and even though we have been on bad roads, no knife has ever fallen out of the knife holder.
- Powerful Magnet: Our Magnetic knife bar has a double-sided surface with an ultra-strong long magnet allowing you to hang even your largest kitchen knives instantly, securely, and safely. It is also a corrosion-resistant and heat-resistant knife strip.
- Modern Design: Our knife magnetic strip with hooks makes organizing your kitchen a breeze! Covered in elegant, satin-finished, high-grade stainless steel, our magnetic knife rack has a sophisticated look that complements your kitchen and home décor.
- Versatile Storage Solution: Not just for the Kitchen! The 8 metal hooks help you save drawer space and provide more convenient access to your cooking utensil set, gadgets, ladles, can openers, measuring spoons, scissors, tools, keys, and more!
Hidden Under Table Desk Drawer for RV Booth Dinette
In your RV table, you can use these drawers under the booth dinette table, they are easy to install and will allow you to store small things. These drawers are cheap and can store kitchen utensils or small electronic items such as chargers and cables.
In our camper we have these drawers installed on both sides of the table, and we store various things that are often needed such as cell phone chargers and some cutlery. You won’t regret having these small drawers that will optimize your RV space.
- 【Space Saver】：Under Desk Holder Storage box can store pens, scissors, headphones and other small tools, make your the desktop tidy.The strongest storage in ever part of your life
- 【Invisible Drawer Box 】: You can paste drawer on the bottom of the table without taking up any desk space, better reflecting the value of under table storage drawers.
- 【High Quality Material】 ：Small drawers for under desk is Made of high quality ABS engineering plastic for more reliable and durable performance. Smooth surface and rounded corners, no sharp appearance, comfortable hand feel.
Save space in your cabinets and drawers with these spice grippers. Those who like to cook and prepare gourmet meals in their camper, like to have as many spices as possible on their trips, but having a lot of spices takes up space. With these simple and economical spice grippers, you will optimize space in your RV. I consider this product a good RV storage idea for kitchen.
- MAKES IT EASY TO SAVE SPACE AND STAY ORGANIZED: Do you have a drawer full of spices or a jumble of jars on a kitchen shelf? Spice Gripper Clip Strips hold each individual spice jar so even rarely used spices are easy to find.
- CLIP STRIPS BOND SECURELY TO WALLS, CABINETS: Your Spice Grippers stay out of your way while managing to always be right where you need them. Secure adhesive lets you mount the strips to nearly anything.
- CUT STRIPS TO CUSTOM FIT THE SPACE: If your space is extra narrow or extra wide, the clip strips can adapt. Easily trimmable to fit the space available. Cut them in half or line them up side-by-side. Each strip is 8.75 in.
Magma Nesting Pots and Pans
If there is one thing that takes up a lot of space in an RV, it is pots and pans. Of course, they are essential items to have in the kitchen of any camper, but they take up a lot of space. Fortunately, there are nested pots and pans that take up very little space.
In our RV years ago, we bought a nesting pot kit and this saved us a lot of space. Just imagine that one pot fits all the other pots, even the frying pans. We currently use a 10-piece nesting cookware set. With one of these kits, you will be able to cook everything you want on your travels.
- 10 Piece Cookware Set
- Oven safe to 500° F
- Scratch resistant, durable
This is one of the best RV storage ideas for the kitchen that we recently acquired. Having a collapsible kettle saves a lot of space in the camper because you can put it in any drawer. We used to have an electric kettle that took up too much space on our kitchen counter. This foldable electric kettle boils water in a few minutes and is BPA-Free.
- 【Portable Size】- The Collapsible Kettle folded size is 3.15in x 4.72in; Unfolded size is 7.08in x 4.72in. The electric kettle can be hung on a backpack or stored in a suitcase, it wouldn’t take up too much space. If you are a travel lover, the portable kettle is a great companion when you go on a trip. It is also perfect for business, dorm, motorhome, etc...
- 【5 Functions Selection】- HYTRIC Electric Kettle is equipped with an intelligent control panel with a time display for you to know the water temperature and the operation time. You can touch the panel to choose various functions and you can select the appointment time and operation time according to your need.
- 【BPA-Free Material】- HYTRIC Electric Foldable Kettle body features BPA-free silicone, the heating plate and the inner lid of the travel kettle are made of 304 food-grade stainless steel, which ensures your drink is healthy.
Collapsible Dish Drying Rack
Another collapsible product that will allow you to save a lot of space in the kitchen of your RV. A collapsible dish drying rack allows you to save space because when you are not using it you can easily store it in a drawer. BPA-free and food-grade.
- 【Food Grade Material】Made from eco-friendly PP+TPR material that is BPA Free and Food-Grade. The flexible material allows the dish strainers for kitchen counter to collapse flat for easy space-saving and storage, making the most of your kitchen countertop.
- 【Built-in Utensil Drying Rack】Separate storage area for utensils and gadgets, the non-slip dish drying rack is scratch-proof and offers a safe place for plates and cups, and has a separate compartment for cutlery. Perfect for storage and draining dinnerware and glassware.
- 【Compact and Portable】The collapsible dish drainer is simply pop-up to open when using and collapses to flat for space-saving storage, you can easily store it under the sink or slip it into any cabinet. Suitable for both indoors & outdoors uses, such as camping, BBQ, RV and boats, campsite cleanup, and vacation homes, etc.
RV Storage Ideas for Bathroom
The most limited space in almost any RV is the bathroom, which is why it is critical to optimize the space in an RV bathroom as much as possible. Luckily, there are several options to optimize the space of a bathroom in a camper as best as possible. Here are the best RV storage ideas for bathroom.
3 Chamber Wall Mount Soap and Shower Dispenser
No more having multiple containers in the shower or bathroom taking up unnecessary space that is so valuable in an RV. With one of these dispensers, you can keep your shampoo, soap, and conditioner on the wall without having to have three containers. Economical and easy to install, this product is a must-have in your RV bathroom.
- Eliminate shower bottle clutter with this convenient dispenser
- Includes-handy storage hooks for razors and accessories
- Individual chambers lift off the wall for easy cleaning and re-filling
Over The Door Towel Rack
A towel rack above the bathroom door of your RV will save you a lot of space that towels take up. We like to use thick cotton towels and these towels take up too much cabinet space. Using one of these towel racks will save space in your RV.
The back of a door is an excellent way to save and optimize space in an RV. You’ll find a variety of these door hangers and see how easy it is to install. For example, the hanger we use does not require any tools to install it.
- Perfect Bathroom Organization: Thanks to the over the door towel rack (13.6x5.8x13.1“) with its 5 perfectly sized hooks for towels & co. to find a new organized home off the floor and basins. Keeping your bathroom neat & tidy has never been easier!
- Bathroom Decor With Farmhouse Flair: The aesthetically pleasing lettering of the towel racks for bathroom is made in modern farmhouse style and offers a minimalistic & beautiful way to add unique charm to your master & guest bathrooms!
- Super Easy To Use: Installing as easy as 123 - simply unpack the door towel rack and hang it on your favored door! Start right away to hang towels, washcloths & robes to the space-saving over the door towel holder.
To finalize with the best RV storage ideas for bathroom I consider that you need to have wall-mounted containers to save space. Wall-mounted containers are very beneficial for saving space in a camper, especially in those campers with a small bathroom.
- Enough to Meet Your Demands: this package consists of 2 pieces of makeup storage organizers, to hold for many bathroom items such as toothpaste, toothbrush, makeup brushes, combs and more, which can meet your daily use and replacement needs
- Proper in Dimension: this wall mounted storage container measures approx. 11 x 6.5 x 9.5 cm/ 4.33 x 2.56 x 3.74 inches, large enough to hold many items, does not take up too much space, which can be easily installed on the wall, back of the door or next to the cabinet
- No Drilling for Easy Installing: no holes need to be drilled at the wall, very easy to install, just find the right spot and use the included non trace adhesive to stick the hanging bin for wall on smooth and flat surface such as tiles, glass, mirrors; Please note: the hanging bin for wall is not suitable for any uneven surfaces such as painted walls, paper walls, wood and so on
RV Storage Ideas Interior
For other parts of an RV interior, there are many ways to optimize space. There are ways to organize clothing and footwear in such a way that saves space in RV closets that are much smaller than those in a conventional home. Here are some RV storage ideas interior that will allow you to save a lot of space in your camper.
Wall Mounted Shoes Rack
A wall-mounted shoe rack will allow you to save a lot of space in an RV. These wall-mounted shoe racks are easy to install and can accommodate even very large shoes. We have these shoe racks placed at the bottom of the bed on each side, this way we can have a lot of shoes in a small space.
- 【Simple】Very easy to install, make your home look more classy
- 【Materals】Made of eco-friendly PC plastic, Shoes Rack with sticky mounts
- 【Quantity】SM03 Rack 6pcs with sticky mounts 12pcs
Collapsible, Clear Storage Bags
These storage containers come in 6-packs and have a transparent window to quickly view the contents of the container. Organize your clothes easily and optimize your RV’s closet space. You can also use these containers to store all sorts of other things you can think of.
I found these collapsible totes particularly useful when RV traveling from cold areas with extreme temperatures to the heat of Florida. They have been very useful on long trips and seasons when we live full-time in the RV to accumulate and store unused winter clothing during the summer. This way we free up the small closets of the RV and take advantage of the space.
- 👍 [Premium Fabric] 6 pack storage containers for organizing clothing with 60L capacity. Fab totes clothes storage is made of high-quality odorless, breathable non-woven fabric to protect your clothes from dust and moisture. Each blanket storage bag measures 21.65''x 13.78''x 12.40''.
- 👍[Reinforced Handle] The storage organizer's handles are reinforced with two additional layers of thick fabric to double the load-bearing capacity. These storage bags are easy to carry and transport when you move or load heavy items.
- 👍[Window & Cleaning] See-through window in the front allows you to quickly see what is stored inside the totes for storage. To clean, simply wipe the clothing storage with a wet towel gently and air dry.
Optimizing RV refrigerator storage space is critical because RV refrigerators are not very large. It is also good to have everything in organizers to prevent stuff from moving around inside the refrigerator if you drive on roads that are not in good condition. These refrigerator organizers are plastic and wash easily. Select a refrigerator organizer that best suits your refrigerator and needs.
- SET OF PANTRY ORGANIZER - Set of 8 clear fridge organizers and storage clear box allows for better grocery management by providing the appropriate space for proper allocation of commodities.
- NOT DISHWASHER SAFE – Clean the freezer organizer bins with hands using a light detergent and water (temperature range -20 degree to 50 degree)
- GREAT STORAGE CAPACITY - The home organization are big enough to accommodate commodities in good quantity easily; the set incorporates 4 large and 4 medium drawers to ensure better placement of grocery items.
RV Storage Ideas Exterior
It is also important to optimize the exterior space of an RV, all space is very valuable in an RV. I have two excellent products to recommend for the exterior of an RV. These are the best RV storage ideas exterior.
Waterproof RV Hose Bag Storage
I consider these waterproof RV hose bags to be exterior bags because they always travel in the exterior storage compartment of our RV. Plus these bags when we arrive at any campground, I leave them out outdoors underneath the RV. They are essential to keep the hoses organized and best of all they are waterproof to avoid getting other things in the basement wet.
- ✅ - The DanDee RV Utility Bags - the #1 brand in RV Storage Bags out there, for all of those RV storage complications, ask your friends!
- ✅ 4-PACK: Yup! Our RV Storage Bags, comes as a 4-PACK - the standard FRESH WATER bag, BLACK WATER bag, and ELECTRICAL bag, plus we added to the pack a BONUS 4rth bag 'ACCESSORIES' bag to guarantee RV storage solutions, for all of those pesky odds and ends!
- ✅ LARGE SIZE: Our DanDee RV Hose Storage Bags measures 18 x 12 inches ( 6 inch waterproof material + 6 inch mesh ) (45.7 x 30.48cm), guaranteeing storage for a whooping 100ft long fresh water hose, your gray/black water supplies, or all of your RV electrical supplies!
RV Adjustable EZ Hose Carrier
I don’t use this hose holder as a hose holder because I already have the aforementioned bags for that purpose. However, I found this very useful for my fishing rods. I put my fishing rods in this hose holder and this way they don’t take up space in any closet or interior of the RV. Very easy to install and adapts to any model of RV or camper.
- RV HOSE CARRIER: Fits most 3" drain hoses and fittings with the exception of one-piece 90-degree sewer fittings.Fit Type: Universal Fit
- CONVENIENT INSTALLATION: End caps come assembled with fixed, pre-glued mounting brackets and includes self-tapping screws for easy installation
- VENTED END CAPS: End caps feature a vented design to prevent the buildup of moisture
All of these RV storage ideas did not come about overnight and are part of many years of using an RV and trying to optimize space. Some of these brilliant ideas for more space in an RV came from talking to other RV owners on our countless trips.
If you have other great RV storage ideas, and they are not mentioned here feel free to contact us. I hope this article about RV storage ideas will be useful, and you will be able to optimize as much as possible space in your RV.